Monday, February 18, 2013

In other news

I know that up to this point I have only blogged about crafts (does it count as "crafts" if I've only been blogging about crocheting? I don't know, lol). Today I have something else fun to talk about.

This weekend, my niece and I did a 5k called the Color Vibe. What is fun about this 5k is that when you register you get these packets of powdered color (dyed cornstarch) and throughout the race you get to throw them at people. There were also 5 stations set up throughout the race where volunteers would pelt you with this color, too. Sometimes it was in giant squirt bottles with the tops cut open, some would just throw handfuls at us, and some took an entire box of color and dumped it over our heads as we walked through the stations.

My niece is 11, and I thought this would be a wonderful first 5k for her. It was! She had a stinking blast, and as soon as we got into the car was already asking about the next 5k we could do together. So I'm thrilled that not only did I have a ton of fun, but I also got my niece excited about doing 5ks, too.








 After the actual 5k, they had a "party" at the finish line. They had a DJ, and were throwing prizes from the stage (like free t-shirts, running socks, and more color packets).



And finally, when we were leaving, my niece decided she wanted to take pictures lying on the ground at the starting line. Note...this ground used to be regular grey concrete. Not anymore. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment