Friday, October 25, 2013

Halloween How To: Bloody Nails!

Oh Halloween! Definitely one of my favorite times of year. Down here in Texas the heat is finally starting to break, and everything is so fun and exciting! I kind of geek out a little bit, lol.

Anyway.

So today is a simple tutorial and not really a craft. I like doing my nails in ways that are VERY easy, but look cool. This is definitely one of those styles.

Dripping Blood Nail Job:

Paint nails white (I had to use about 3 coats to make a solid white color...I also buy the cheapie polish from the dollar store, lol).

Using a dot tool, add a dot of red (I lucked out and found a bottle of red china glaze at the bottom of my nail polish bowl) somewhere around the middle of the nail and drag upwards to the tip. After you've added one or two blood drips, paint the tip of the nail red. Doing this after the blood drips allows you to cover the ends of the drips and makes it look like the blood is dripping from the tips. Repeat x10. lol

Next I covered mine with glow in the dark nail polish (for the halloween parties, duh!) then a top coat.

I don't think they look too terrible. And they were VERY easy to do. I've gotten a ton of compliments on them, so that's good enough for me.

Happy Halloween!




P. S. I'll be back soonish with a new crochet tutorial. Check back sometime after November 1st.

No comments:

Post a Comment