Friday, August 16, 2013

More Crayons and a Bright Knight


While I was working on the first crayon blanket, I had a friend at work happen to see it. She told me she was hosting a baby shower in September, and wanted to know if I could make a crayon blanket for her gift to her friend. I was thrilled because I think the crayon pattern is just so damn cute.

This one I made on traditional crayon colors, unlike the last one which was fun pastels. I am in love with the way the standard colors came through. I think I might be making another one as a gift for a teacher friend...but we'll see. I hate making too many of a particular pattern one after the other.

To go with her blanket, my friend also asked if I could make her one of the knight helmets that I made for Happy Hats at work. She was a part of that event and loooooved the way the hate came out. She asked that it be made to match the blanket instead of in traditional colors (like grey to simulate armor). I was fine with that, and I think it came out adorable.
 Here is another pic with the visor up on the forehead. I didn't make this one with a button, and instead just sewed the visor on at the corner. I think it looks fine that way. Also, the little baby is going to outgrow it quickly, so I didn't think that the buttons made a ton of sense.

Had a lot of fun with this project. Both the blanket and the knight's helm are some of my favorite patterns, and I enjoy getting to make them for friends and little babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment