Wednesday, January 16, 2013

More busy-ness

Business...busy-ness...get it?  :)
Anyway.

So, at work I am part of this group, and we do a lot of service work in the community. One of the projects we are working on right now is called Happy Hats. We are collecting hats to give to kids in the hospital. The hats are supposed to be whimsical, you know, to bring a little cheer to the sick kiddos.
Here are some of the hats I've been working on:


An owl! (haha you can see my pinspiration for this hat in the background...even though I didn't use her pattern, it did inspire me, so I felt it only fair to link back to her page)

I made my little sister try on all the hats...as payment for her puzzle blanket. I love having a model, lol.

A Dinosaur! RAWR! (again, my pinspiration)


Way cuter on Lil Sis

A Unicorn with a Rainbow Mane (this one was all me, lol)
Probably my favorite hat I've ever made

Hat with a Mohawk! (another one all mine)
Sadly, this one was too small to fit on sis's head. *sadface*

A cat "Scoodie" MEOW!
I'm a little mad because I put the paws on backwards, so I had to flip it inside out and reattach the ears...which lead to that ridge you see down the middle of Lil Sis's head. Oh well, there are always mess-ups with a new project.

 
Most of the hats are made with the same basic pattern (which I found here) (except for the scoodie, which is made from this pattern). I love earflap hats! So, I took this basic hat and added a little of my own creativity to make some really fun hats!
I might go through each of the hats and explain the little bits and pieces of how they came together, in case you might want to make your own.


UPDATE!
I added one more hat to my hats collection for Happy Hats. I'm totally in love with this one :)
My "pinspiration" (in quotes this time because it didn't come from pinterest...ish) this time came from a pin that led to an Etsy shop. I hate when I love an item, but the link leads to something to purchase. I want to make things...not buy them! So, I used her hat for a little bit of visual inspiration, but the actual hat design is all mine.
This is with the front visor up. See that black button on the side? It allows the visor to move.
And one with the front visor down so you can see what the visor looks like.
And from the side with the front visor down.


I think I need to stop making hats for a while, lol. 



No comments:

Post a Comment