Monday, January 6, 2014

Viking Helm with Beard! *updated*

And so begins the long string of long promised post-Christmas crafts!


I had a ton of fun with this one. It was originally intended to be a gift for my other brother-in-law, but I decided I wanted to keep it and gave him a bottle of liquor instead.
I used this pattern (http://www.craftown.com/Viking-Beard-Hat.html) with the only modification being in the styling of the beard. I liked the idea of doing the lord of the rings style dwarven beard instead. (and obviously I had to add some length because of my giant sized head…but that should be a given at this point).
I wore it to my family’s new years eve get together, and everyone loved it! They all insisted on trying it on (even though it was huge on everyone- including my dad, lol) and we had a lot of fun wearing it around the house and scaring my 3 year old niece. We’re not nice people, haha.



To follow up, my brother in law was insanely jealous and begged me to make one for him, too. So, here it is. 

The beard is a little long on his face (part of the beard is supposed to be a 'stache) and I still need to fix it. But otherwise I think it looks great, and I love the mix of colors!

No comments:

Post a Comment