Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Garden update

Last weekend I posted about starting my budget container garden.

I did some home made seed starters and planted lavender.

As you can see, my lavender are starting to show themselves (they actually started poking their heads out on Friday, only 6 days after planting)


I also planted peas, onions, carrots, cabbage, strawberries, potatoes and tomatoes...

One week (and a thunderstorm) later, I have seedlings starting to sprout!

Cabbage (they are a pretty purple and green color that you can't really see in this picture)

Cucumber (again, sorry about the picture. I was just so excited I wasn't worried about quality of the pics, lol)



onion

Peas



Also, to update you on my sweet potatoes. I had taken 2 sweet potatoes, cut them in half, and had 4 halves starting in water. I guess they taste good because my puppies knocked 2 of them down and ate them while I was at work. And of course they took the only 2 that had started shooting out vines and roots :-/

So, now I'm left with 2 (and about to start another one, lol), one of which is just starting to send out a vine. The other hasn't done anything yet. Oh well. I have since moved them off of the porch and into the back yard so the puppies can't get into them (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment