Thursday, June 5, 2014

Prom Corsage!

Howdy howdy blog folk!

It's been a busy spring!

I've been working on a ton of projects. No telling how many I'll actually get posted up here for y'all, but I'm going to try and get a few knocked out today. This first one is the easiest.

My 16 year old cousin went to her first prom this year. I wanted to get her a wrist corsage, just as something small to let her know I was thinking of her. But holy cow are they expensive! I get it, real flowers cost money. But, as a young woman early in her career, those kinds of funds ($30-50 for a wristlet she is going to wear once for 3 hours? Not so sure on that one) are a little out of reach for me.

So I decided I could make her one and it look just as nice...I hoped.

I went to hobby lobby and picked up some wedding picks when they were on sale. You know, this kind of stuff...

I ended up spending about $15 and having a TON of stuff left over. Next time I think I could get away with spending about $5...seriously.

Her dress was black with orange flowers on it, and I heard she was worried her nails would look to halloween-y if she matched, so I tried to be careful but still match her colors. What I ended up with were black and white flowers and orange ribbon.

I grabbed a paper backing for a small mum and a wristlet with a velcro adjustable strap. Then I just starting placing.

I laid everything out on the backing and when I was happy with it, I got to work with my hot glue gun.


I used iridescent white leaves, gem picks for some sparkle, black bead/gem picks (as seen in first photo) and the burnt orange ribbon cut in loops.
I went through several versions until I was happy, but all in all the entire thing took less than half an hour to put together. I think it came out pretty nice!


And of course she looked model gorgeous, as usual. :) Love this girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment